Log in to our secure client area
Up-to-the-minute financial news from various sources
News and comment
Welcome to your on-line financial newsletter. This service is regularly updated to bring you news of important developments in financial matters.
By clicking on one of these links you are departing from the regulatory site of . Neither nor Intrinsic is responsible for the accuracy of the information contained within the linked site.
FT.com - Your Property
- Rent growth at lowest rate for four years
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 00:30:46 GMT
Rent growth slows to four-year low as buy-to-let sector expands and more first time buyers enter the market
- Equity release at highest since 2007
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 00:29:57 GMT
Retired homeowners borrowed £315m against the value of their properties in the first three months of 2014, up by more than a third year-on-year
- French property CGT relief nears end
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 17:49:32 GMT
Second homeowners looking to sell their property have four months left to benefit from 25 per cent discount on capital gains tax
- Tighter rules hit first-time buyers
Mon, 14 Apr 2014 11:24:16 GMT
Regulatory changes have restricted interest-only mortgages giving buy-to-let landlords a ?significant competitive advantage?, a study says
Citywire Money, Tax and Property
- Old age debt: 100,000 over-75s still burdened with mortgages
Wed, 12 Mar 2014 14:17:45 Z
Older pensioners are shouldering the burden of thousands of pounds of mortgage debt well into their 70s.
- Over £1bn of cash raided from UK homes to pay bills
Thu, 23 Jan 2014 08:22:00 Z
More people will turn to the equity in their homes to clear mortgages and pay bills in 2014.
Citywire Investment News
- The Expert View: William Hill, Aviva and Ashtead
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 05:01:00 +0100
Our daily roundup of the best analyst commentary on shares, also including Songbird Estates and Synergy Health.
- Friday Papers: RBS cleared of forcing clients into insolvency
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 04:48:40 +0100
And America?s two largest former investment banks report increased earnings but Morgan Stanley's profits rise and Goldman's fall.
- Overnight Markets: SP 500 and Nasdaq rise on earnings
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 04:45:51 +0100
Shares eked out modest gains as results from General Electric and Morgan Stanley beat estimates.
- MRB: fortune is still rewarding the brave on equity
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 00:01:00 +0100
Investors need to keep a close eye on China, but avoid overestimating the probability of an adverse outcome
BBC Business News
- VIDEO: UK could become 'nation of renters'
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 11:16:51 GMT
Almost half of Britons believe the UK will become a nation of renters within a generation, research suggests.
- AUDIO: Third believe they may never own home
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 10:48:56 GMT
A third of adults under 45 say they have no prospect of owning their own home, a report by Halifax has found.
- Barnes Noble founder offloads $64m
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 00:49:02 GMT
Barnes Noble chairman trims his stake in the bookstore company to 20% by selling shares worth $64m.
- VIDEO: Singapore puts innovation on show
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 00:23:04 GMT
Singapore is running a trade fair for entrepreneurs, where exhibitors hope to turn their idea into a worldwide success.
- One person killed as boat capsizes
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 13:40:37 GMT
One person dies and another is in hospital after a boat capsizes in a river estuary in Devon.
- Teachers to debate summer strike
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 13:32:04 GMT
The NUT conference is to hear calls for a one-day strike on 23 June and a campaign of industrial action over pay and workload.
- St Helens 14-33 Wigan Warriors
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 13:22:36 GMT
St Helens' 100% start to the season is ended as reigning Super League champions Wigan win a ferocious derby.
- One killed in microlight crash
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 13:12:51 GMT
A person has died in a microlight crash in Devon, police say.